6 of the Worlds Most Beautiful Creatures that soon Won’t Exist:
(In no particular order)
- The Ivory-Billed Woodpecker is so endangered that it may already be extinct! .It was previously thought extinct until unconfirmed sightings of it in 2004 kept peoples hopes up.
- After the recent loss of block rhino’s, the javan rhino is the next closest to extinction with only around 40 individuals still living.
- The leatherback sea turtle’s population has dropped roughly 80 to 90 thousand in the last 14 years, leaving about 20,000 alive and their population continues to plummet.
- The northern sportive lemur is currently the most endangered of all the lemurs, but virtually all of the 100 species of lemur (that all live on Madagascar) are at risk.
- The whaling of the 19th century left as little as 350 individuals of northern right whales left in the world.
- The amur leopard’s habitat used to range all across Russia, China, and Mongolia, how ever the 20 individuals still left alive live exclusively in a forest east of Russia’s Primorye region.
More beautiful animals that will soon be gone if nothing is done.
(Source: allaboutwildlife.com, via mariannehunterthornberry)